Best software Products for civil engineering makes revolutionary changes in civil engineering technology as civil engineering is one of the core engineering branches which is progressive and has immense importance to evolve civilization.
Software products are designed as per different disciplines in civil engineering as they are accurate and efficient which helps civil engineering in designing as well as the construction process. Software products have their significance in civil engineering due to the technological revolution.
Why do we need Software Products?
The software products help us to visualize, plan, design, and analyze construction projects. Engineers must ensure safe durable and reliable construction, with the help of these software products engineers are getting quite confident in industry. Our industry requires an engineer who are capable and technologically advanced which saves company times improves construction quality.
List Of Best Software Products for Civil Engineering
Here is a detailed list of the Best Software Products for Civil Engineering which is used worldwide in the industry to save time and resources for further construction.
An Engineer must ensure safe durable construction, low maintenance construction which has higher serving life. These are the best civil engineering software products which engineer can easily learn by different learning platforms like Edx, Udemy, Coursera which can improve skills and salary packages of an engineer.
Civil Engineering is a professional profession that requires proper and accurate skills of management designing analyzing skills this list of software products categorized according to their various disciplines in civil engineering like (Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Construction Planning, and Management).
|Geo-Technical Work||Geo Studio 2018Rs|
Structural Analysis & Designing
|Road Designing & Analysis||MX-Road|
Bentley Road Network
|Cost Estimation & Quantity Estimation||Estimator 2.0|
|Project management/Project Planning/ Construction Planning||Primavera P6|
|3D Modelling for Structure||Autodesk 3dsMax|
Autocad Civil 3D
Read About :- Self Compacting Concrete.
Geotechnical Engineering Softwares
- GEOSTUDIO 2021 r2:- This software is used for critical analysis of soil & sand and used to find field stress in insitu conditions.
It is 3times faster in stress and seepage analysis
Improves- DXF / DWG import and editing capabilities. Geometries can easily be scaled.
- Geo5:- These are used to analysis of slope stability, rock slopes, and Mechanically Stabilizes Earth (MSE) retaining walls. This software product also used for Excavation Design, Walls and Gabions, Shallow foundations, Deep Foundations, Tunnels, and Shafts,
- EDUSHAKE:-Analysis tool for earth structures and seismic analysis.
- PLAXIS:- Its is a geotechnical analysis software.
- FLAC3D:- It is software for numerical modeling of geotechnical structures like soil, rock, groundwater.
- Q GIS:- It is an open-source Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Arc GIS:-It is a geographic information system mapping software.
Structural Analysis & Designing
- ETABS:-It is software for designing and analyzing multistory buildings.
- REVIT STRUCTURE:-It is software for structural engineers which helps engineers in the designing process of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- STAAD Pro:- It is a structural Analysis and designing software.
- SAP 2000:- It is used for modeling analyzing and designing.
- SAFE:- It is used for slab and foundation design.
- Midas Gen:- It is used for analyzing and designing complex structures.
- Abaqus:- It is used for finite element analysis software.
Road Designing & Analysis:-
- MX-Road:- It is a string based tool used to design road accurately.
- Bentley Road Network:- It is software used by highway agencies.
Cost Estimation & Quantity Estimation
- Estimator 2.0:- It is a project invoicing and management software.
- MS-Excel:- It is an excellent software for billing and estimation calculation.
- Autocad:- It is a “Computer-Aided Design” software used by architects and engineers for drafting.
- Sketchup:- It is a 3d designing software.
Project management/Project Planning/ Construction Planning
- Primavera P6:- It is software for planning and scheduling.
- Microsoft-Excel:- It is used to create spreadsheets, files and create.
- Microsoft Project:- It is software used for scheduling and planning for the project.
3D Modelling for Structure
- Autodesk 3dsMax:- It is a software for rendering and 3D modelling.
- Autocad Civil 3D:- It is a design software used for BIM (Building Information Modelling).
- Autodesk Maya:- It is a 3D visualization software used for creating models.
Wind Tunnel Softwares
- Autodesk Flow Design:- It is a software for the analyzing the wind load in high rise buildings.
So, these were the Best Software Products for Civil Engineering, that can be used in various Civil Engineering related tasks like 3D Modelling of Structure, Drafting, Designing, etc.
In the upcoming set of articles, we are going to discuss each one on brief. So, stay tuned with us, and in the meantime, if you have any doubts regarding this particular article, then please leave a comment below.